Thursday, March 31, 2016

Swallow Cliff Stairs




April is here! We are only a few months away from summer! Do you have your beach body ready? I certainly don't- at least not completely. Winter in Chicago is very harsh. I tend to get a little bored of working out indoors every day. Now that the temperatures are rising, I look forward to working out outside.

My ideal place to go for a great workout is at Swallow Cliff forest preserve aka the Swallow Cliff Stairs. Swallow Cliff is located in Palos Park on Rt. 83 and US Rt. 45. Many fitness enthusiasts climb the 125 stairs year round, especially on nice, sunny days. It’s grown to be a very popular place for working out.


Climbing the stairs is super challenging, however it’s very beneficial for many reasons such as:

-Improving your cardiovascular fitness
-Burning calories
-Reducing the risk of heart attack
-Improving strength and bone density
-Improving muscle tone

Swallow Cliff will definitely activate your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves. Be prepared to be super sore the following day.

My maximum amount of times I climbed up the 125 stairs was 8 times. This year I am motivated to beat that number. Swallow Cliff is challenging but is absolutely my #1 favorite place for great cardio and leg day workout. There are also trails in the woods for those who like running or walking in nature.

Go and experience it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment