Friday, March 18, 2016

Women and Strength Training

 
Often times many (if not most) women refuse to do any sort of strength training. They assume lifting weights will make them appear "bulky" or "manly" or they believe their only option for weight loss is to do hours of cardio. False! First of all, I was that type of girl when I first joined the gym years ago. I would spend an hour of doing cardio and would not intend to do any sort of strength training. Thanks to my guy friends who convinced me to start lifting some weights! I noticed an increase in my fat loss and strength and it became an addiction. Strength training is now my LIFE! Today, my cardio includes between 20-30 minutes of HIIT and the rest is all strength training.  Its important for women not to make crazy assumptions that they will look bulky because  strength training will only make you look sexy, toned, and strong. You will build lean muscle.
 


So what are the benefits of strength training for women?
  • Lifting weights just twice a week can reduce overall body fat percentage by 3% in 10 weeks.
  • Burn more calories throughout the day. Strength training increases the body's metabolic rate so you burn more calories.
  • Bone density and tendon improvement,
  • Helps maintain fat loss.
  • Boosts energy levels and improves mood.
  • Makes you look like sexy and toned!
Pick up those weights ladies! You will soon realize how effective strength training!

No comments:

Post a Comment