Friday, February 12, 2016

The Glute Bridge

My favorite day of the week in my gym routine is LEG DAY! Yay! It's exciting and fun for about an hour but the next day is not so pleasant. I personally believe in weighted squats, weighted lunges, and weighted butt lifts, or bridges. I started adding the butt lifts to my leg day workouts about a year or so ago. I never knew they can be so effective! Squats, lunges and butt bridges are all I need to get a great leg day workout.  Be prepared not being able to walk right for the next 2 days following your workout. Your legs and glutes will be extremely sore! This workout targets primarily  your muscles in the glutes, but also work the lower back and hamstrings. The butt lifts are really easy to do. Below are instructions on how to do this workout. I normally use a 20-40 lb barbell and do about 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps. Try this workout you will feel your glutes burning!

To do the Butt Bridge:
Lay down on the ground flat on your back with a barbell over your waist. Flex at the knee and bring your heels towards your butt. Find a foot position that is comfortable and feels strong.

To perform the bridge, drive your heels into the ground and extend your hips fully. Pause at the top and squeeze your butt hard, then lower the barbell under control.

What is your favorite leg day workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment